The 2050 Land Use Plan Update includes a public involvement process whereby the area residents and business owners will have an opportunity to share perspectives and stay involved.
Public Input Opportunities
- Share your thoughts on our community survey.
- Download and complete the engagement worksheet by clicking here.
- Add your comments to the interactive map by clicking here.
You can email completed worksheets to SHarmstead@srfconsulting.com. You can also mail completed worksheets to Scott Harmstead with SRF Consulting Group, Inc., 2370 Vermont Avenue, Bismarck, North Dakota 58504.
The first Public Workshop was held on Tuesday, May 11th (4:30-6:00 pm).
The workshop was a hybrid event, with options to attend in-person at Grand Forks City Hall or join virtually via phone or internet.
Video of the open house presentation can be viewed here or below.
Community Engagement During COVID-19 Pandemic:
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we interact, and all engagement efforts will continue to align with North Dakota social distancing guidelines and respond to the current state of the pandemic. Information about the Plan development will be available throughout the planning process via the plan webpage as well as via updates on the city’s social media platforms.
- City Hall is now open to the public. However due to the on-going COVID-19 public health concerns, plan partners and staff may be attending this meeting in person while abiding by social distancing guidelines set by the CDC, attending electronically or attending by phone. Limiting in person opportunity will exist. Individuals attending in-person meetings or events must follow City of Grand Forks and State of North Dakota COVID-19 guidelines, including the practice of social distancing.
- Any member of the public seeking to submit comments should submit their comments to grandforksgov.com/councilcomments or call 701-746-2661 for further information. All online comments received will be considered part of the record of the meeting as if personally presented.
- Any individual requiring a special accommodation to allow access or participation at any Grand Forks 2050 Land Use Plan Update meeting is asked to notify please call the Human Resources Department at (701) 746-2665. You may also contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org request accommodations five (5) days prior to the meeting. Materials can be provided in alternative formats: large print, braille, cassette tape, or on computer disk for people with disabilities or with limited English proficiency (LEP).
Stay connected to the Plan update process by joining our electronic mailing list below. Periodic updates will be provided through this website, with email notifications for those who sign up.